Should you repair or replace your windshield?
The windshield is an important part of your vehicle, its quality is essential. Otherwise, it is important to quickly refer to an expert to avoid any further trouble. As soon as a slight defect appears, acting quickly will definitely increase your chances that a simple repair will be sufficient.
5 SITUATIONS WHERE A REPAIR IS POSSIBLE
- A maximum of 3 glass fragments to repair.
- The defect on the glass is no larger than the size of a dollar coin.
- The point of impact must be located at least 4 cm from the edge of the windshield.
- The breakage must be 30 cm above the center of the steering wheel and not in the driver's field of vision.
- The damage to the windshield only affected the outer layer of the glass.
The repair is done quickly, and it definitely allows you to extend the life of your windshield. Plus, if you have breakage insurance, you could get repair service for free. Do not hesitate to consult one of our experts or contact us for any other questions about the steps for a repair!
5 SITUATIONS WHERE A REPLACEMENT IS REQUIRED
- Presence of several cracks or chips on the windshield.
- The edge of the windshield was impacted.
- The driver's field of vision is affected.
- From the impact we can see the enlargement of the defect on the glass.
- There is water infiltration inside the vehicle.
A windshield replacement should not be neglected since it is quite essential. When a replacement is due, it is important to ask an expert. He will make sure to establish a certified and suitable model for your vehicle and provide you a guarantee. Thereby, in case your windshield is broken, the replacement may be partly assumed by your insurer. Do not hesitate to consult one of our experts for an evaluation or to contact us with any other questions about the steps for a replacement!
It is important to remember that regardless of the need for a repair or a replacement, this process is an integral part of the life of your vehicle, with the determination to ensure your safety and the one of your passengers.